From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, January 26, 2007

Friend's Rock Band

I finally got the opportunity tonight to hear in its entirety a college friend's rock band CD. He sent out the CDs as Christmas gifts this year. He and his brother have tirelessly practiced for quite some time while working their full time jobs. One brother is a journalist in Topeka and the other works as an electrical engineer in KC. And yet somehow they get their practice in with two other band members who are KU students.

The name of their band is Amnesia. I was quite impressed with the CD. The music reminded me of the work of a couple of bands I listened to as a kid: Moody Blues, Blue Oyster Cult. I enjoyed the music so much, I decided to transfer some of their songs to my MP3 player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home