From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Random Notes

  1. Happy B-Day to my college roommate from my senior year. MN, I hope your hectic schedule allows you to celebrate.
  2. I met this past Wednesday with the Assistant Director of Library and Main's CPU Lab supervisor to discuss NEKLS Tech Day which was held on August 10. The Director seemed to embrace a lot of things we said and I think she wants us to explore some of the possibilities that are involved with Library 2.0. The Director asked us to stay for a second meeting with members of Computer Services. We may be turning to a more automated way of checking patrons in for CPU and The Director and Computer Services wanted to pick our brains on the various library card and usage scenarios that may have to be addressed.
  3. Meanwhile, other members of Computer Services are installing the VendPrint software in my lab this upcoming week. I saw a demonstration of VP at Main's lab and was impressed. If things work out right, we will save an enormous amount on the cost on paper. I feel like a kid opening gifts on Christmas.
  4. My lab is now fully staffed. But I'm working with the crew on scheduling issues, especially since all three keep busy schedules outside of their respective lab shifts.
  5. Finally, thanks to C and A for a relaxing Saturday night. I needed to get out of town and coming to Jayhawkland was the perfect remedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home