From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Gulp! Biting the Bullet

I've made a decision on my new air conditioner and furnace. I have decided to go with ArticAir Heating and Cooling of Kansas City. I had a second consultation with them this Saturday and decided that this company clearly makes the residential customer more of a priority than business customers.

The good-natured salesman (who is also a co-owner) kind of ribbed me a little bit after I signed the papers and said "Don't you want to shut that rust box off?" This is in reference to the old AC box which is still trying to grind away and do its job although it makes a sound similar to fingernails on the chalkboard.

I will get my heating and cooling upgrade next Wednesday. Apparently, for ArcticAir, it will be an all day project. They will come early in the morning and leave at 5 or 6PM. I have a half-day vacation so I can monitor their progress in the afternoon when I get home.

So, I guess an axiom that I stated in a previous blog post still applies: Go on vacation, Spend money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home