From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Visitors at the Library

Aunt and Uncle paid me a visit at work today. They were on their way to Lawrence to spend the night at my sister's place, the next day to Bartlesville, OK to see a family member and then points beyond. I was not sure whether I would see them, not because I was working but because I had a scheduling conflict. I had to interview a candidate for the computer lab today. Nonetheless, I did manage to squeeze in a forty-five minute visit with them, giving up some of my off-desk time. News from their camp includes:
  • Their grandchildren are starting to go to college. I think two or three right now with more kids making plans.
  • The now-retired-Iditarod sled dog racer and wife are selling their sled dog teams and will live a life partially based on fishing and also spending time perfecting their sailing skills. They are presently on a sailing trip around Tonga.
  • And finally, even though I suspected this, I have been officially informed that part of my family now has a health history of diabetes. In the interest of confidentiality, I won't go into detail. But I now know it's official.

I will next see Aunt this coming May when she comes to KC to participate in a Presbytery Woman's conference at Crown Center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home