From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Random Notes

  • Monday, I will teach for the first time my "RSS and Bloglines" class. I have five people enrolled including a couple of staff members.
  • I spent a good four hours raking the back yard on Sunday. It's been a windy Spring and, as such, a lot of debris has been deposited in my yard ranging from sticks and twigs to unshelled acorns (how did the squirrels miss them?). It's also been a relatively dry spring so far and my grass is not growing as in years past. I may have to reseed the lawn.
  • I may have to get a new lawnmower. My present one has a leaky gas tank.
  • From the "It's a small world department," my next door neighbor has a connection with a friend of a friend. MS's friend MR works at Deffenbaugh Disposal. MR buys vehicles for the company at a Ford Dealership here in KC. The salesperson happens to be my next door neighbor.
  • Well, it looks like real estate development is taking over Barry Road here in North Kansas City. I've noticed several areas of trees bulldozed to the ground, meaning a business will be coming to that cleared area. Last week, a convenience store opened about 500 yards to the east of my house. And on Platte Purchase Parkway, they are building several office buildings for businesses as well as a new apartment complex. So much for that isolated feeling. It's going to be a little more crowded in my neck of the woods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home