From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Spring is here

I spent most of the weekend in the yard getting ready for spring. I mowed and fertilized the lawn. Then I went to Lowe's and bought some potting soil and two flats of impatiens....and that's just a start.
Last night, I went to C's place in Lawrence to see how her gardens grow. I spent the night there and went shopping with her this morning at various garden shops. C offered some suggestions on how I could grow flowers, shrubs, and whatnot. I would like to spend some considerable time trying my hand at gardening. So far, I off to a decent start: I planted the impatients today and am thinking about planting marigolds or petunias tomorrow night.
Last night by the way, I became Dave the pyromaniac as C&A fired up their outside fireplace. I decided to take the responsibility of making sure the fire kept burning until everyone went to bed. I put the last log on the fire at about midnight last night. I think burning outdoors is considered illegal in Platte county and thus I am unable to get my own chimnea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home