From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Three-year plan for the house

After the visit from the roofer yesterday, I made a list of major home improvements that I would like to perform on the house during the next three years. Whether I can afford these improvements will be determined.

2005--Replace the house's original heating and air conditioning system with something brand new. I have a feeling the cost on this will start at about $8,000. But I should research it, first.

2006--New guttering around the house. I noticed during September's torrential rains that a lot of rain water drained through rust holes instead of draining to the drain pipes along the side of the house.

2007--Reroof the house. The roofer notice that my roof had two layers of shingles and it looked like the second layer shingles were stapled into their position. The roofer said the cost of reroofing would be about $4,000.

Ah, the joys of home-ownership.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home