From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Roof repairs by Barney Rubble

Yesterday, I had a new turbine installed on the roof of my house. The old one became out of balance and made rattling and clanging noises whenever the wind would blow. I was very impressed with the gentleman who installed the new turbine. He has been a roofer for twenty years for Gentry Roofing of KC. He installed the turbine in no time and, to my surprise, was able to locate the source of the leak that was draining rain water into my guest bathroom. Apparently, one of the roof's ventilation devices had a two inch crack in it. So, when with the torrential rain the water would pool above the ventilator and then drain into the crack and then under the roof to the bathroom. The roofer caulked the crack.

I enjoyed the roofer's personality. He has the ability to laugh at the most simple things but, more importantly, he has the ability to laugh at himself. He kind of reminds me of Barney Rubble from the Flintstones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home