From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Our first house in Kansas

My sister and I have been exchanging emails tonight about our first house in Kansas. We moved to Topeka, KS in 1972. CH was 10, I was 7.

CH drove by the house today and noticed that the windows were boarded up and there were char marks all over the house signifying perhaps a fire. I don't know if the house is salvageable. Since I grew up in Topeka and have driven by the house periodically for the past 32 years, the house has declined in condition. I mean, from a kid's perspective the house seemed like a sound structure. It's just darn disappointing that the successive owners of the house could not maintain the structural integrity and beauty of the house. Thanks for the memories 1216.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home