From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Monday, September 06, 2004

High School Reunion Summary

Well, I attended my 20th High School Reunion this past weekend. It was fun to see some friends and to see what has happened to them over the course of twenty years. It was nice to see my friend JW. I hadn't seen him since 1990. He is working for Vitesse as an engineer. It was also nice to bump into JS. He was the photographer for the high school newspaper and yearbook. He's working for Payless Shoe Source and living in Topeka. It was especially nice to see FG, a friend that goes all the way back to my junior high school days at Boswell. He lives in Lansing, KS but commutes to work in Overland Park where he works for the city as an IT consultant. Also from Boswell were LW, TN, JW and DC. LW was the smartest girl in the class. She lives in Lawrence working as a grade school teacher and is married to JP who I sang with in high school choir. TN lives in Lawrence, is married, and has a ten year old son.

I had an especially nice conversation with JW. Ironically enough, she now lives in Overbrook, KS with her husband. I used to live near Overbrook with I was 15-16 years old. DC lives in Wichita, is married, and has a nice job associated with the airplane industry.

Ah memories........

We had our pick of events to attend. I decided to attend the get-together at the downtown Topeka bar Friday night, the tour of the high school on Saturday morning, and the dinner/mixer at the Kansas State Museum on Saturday night. During the tour, I had the opportunity to see my old high school band room. Lo' and behold, my old band director was in his office supervising the rehearsal of his marching band drum corp. SH has not changed much with the exception that it looks like he got the Lasik surgery because he no longer wears the distinctive glasses. We also had the opportunity to climb up the THS tower which goes about 125 above the third floor of the building. I overcame my acrophobia and managed to climb to the top just in time for the tower to chime the quarter hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home