From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, August 27, 2004

Rain, rain, rain, and more rain

The area where I live received about 5 inches of rain tonight. When I got home from work tonight, I tried to finish up the mowing of the back lawn. But, right around 6:45 PM flashes of lightening began a parade of torrential rains that has not quit as of this writing--five hours later. Kansas City's Plaza area got the brunt of the storm, receiving almost eight inches of precip. Brush creek has flooded and the police are asking Kansas Citians not to do any traveling for the rest of the evening.
The torrential rains once again revealed the leak I have in my roof. There are going to be some monetary decision to be made regarding roof repairs and perhaps the rebuilding of the guest bathroom ceiling.

As far as the weather goes, this has been the most unpredictable summer in my lifetime to date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home