From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Friday, August 20, 2004

Check handling

One of the things we do in our computer lab is collect money for copies in both currency and check forms. Today, we had a library guest write a check for $44.20. Logic dictates that since we charge 10 cents a copy, this person printed off 442 sheets of paper, almost an entire ream of paper. The person who took this check loosely followed our check handling guidelines obtaining only one I.D. whereas our library rules dictate that a person must produce two I.D.s for a written check.

On Monday, I am going to have to put on my computer lab supervisor hat and let this computer lab associate know about Kansas City Kansas Public Library check handling policies. To complicate matters, the library card I.D. written as the one I.D. for the check does not match the person's name on the front of the check. Some corrective training is in order here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home