From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Random Notes

  • We experienced high winds yesterday in the Midwest. When I returned home from work last night, I saw five or six roof shingles strewn throughout my front yard. I immediately walked to the back yard where the back of my house has southern exposure. To my dismay, I noticed that shingles on top of my the house were flapping up and down as the wind gust up to 40-42 mph. I immediately put in a phone call to a KC roofer and of this writing I am waiting for his phone call so that I can make estimates for repairs or perhaps the installation of a new roof.
  • Because of the situation with my roof, I didn't sleep well last night. To worsen my slumber problems, I was awaken out of a light sleep at two o'clock this morning when torrential thunderstorms hit the area. Who knows what the heavy rains did to my roof. I have not had to chance to investigate.
  • My sister's family was scheduled to return from Florida today where they spent a week in Disney World.
  • Speaking of vacations, I'm planning a short trip to Colorado in April. I need to get away for a few days. Possible places to visit include a second ride on the Cog Rail up to Pike's Peak, The Denver Natural History museum, and Berthoud Pass in the mountains.
  • Finally, after winning the national championship last year and losing about 85% of the scoring from last year's team, I'm very satisfied with the progress of this year's Jayhawks. They made the Sweet Sixteen this year and I believe any additional victory in the tournament is simply gravy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home