From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Shrinking Metro North Mall

I just got back from shopping for birthday cards. I went to the card shop at Metro North Mall which is about a mile east of my house. Metro is fast losing its retailers. While walking through the mall it seemed that only 25% of the shops were occupied with a couple of the shops having store closing sales--all inventory must go.
This comes as no surprise as I was told a few months back that both Metro North Mall as well as Metcalf South Mall in OPKS are shutting down and to be replaced by residential development in the form of houses or apartment complexes. I have no clear timetable as to when these changes will be complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home