From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Thursday, September 22, 2005

New Associate found

I got an email from my branch manager letting me know that my choice for new lab associate has been approved. His initials are TF--KU student by day and now computer lab associate by night. I will have to manipulate the scheduling of my associates so that every one is happy.
I need to note the office politics involved with this hiring. I originally made my choice last week but HR said I had to wait a week to allow the job announcement to achieve penetration via the internet and the help wanted pages in the newspaper. Also, HR sent me some other applications that were grossly out of date. I informed my supervisor that I was comfortable with my choice of TF as my new associate. She went to bat for me and sent some emails to expedite his hiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home