From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Yard work started

C and A and the two kids showed up about 9:00 this morning to help me with my yard work. The biggest project was to trim some of the branches off of the three big oak trees on my property. We brought out my step ladder and extension ladder to address this task. Thankfully, A has no fear of heights as he went up about twenty feet to trim the higher branches. There was a moment of trepidation as son N got hit in the face by a falling branch. But little boys will be little boys and N will be okay with only a scratch to the left of his left eye. We piled all of the clipped branches just outside my back fence. In the future on a cooler day, I will cut these branches down to fire wood size and bring the fire wood to C and A's place in Lawrence where they will use it for their outdoor fireplace.
After they helped me with some smaller projects, we took a thirty minute water break and then I treated C and A and kids to lunch at Famous Dave's Barbecue in KCK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home