From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Random thoughts

  • We have two days off following today to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. I'll work until nine tonight and make home about 9:30-9:45. I'll probably pop in a DVD movie tonight....perhaps Shrek 2.
  • Dad sounded much better on the phone this morning when I called him. He is hoping to go home on Wednesday. He did complain about soreness in his legs while attempting to sleep. He still cannot walk by himself without someone's assistance.
  • I had to call the mortgage company this morning to let them know that they failed to contact the Platte County Tax assessor's office to let them know that my escrow account would be taking care of my property tax bill on the house. I hate calling companies that have the automated phone service (ie.: "To check your account balance, press 1; To check your cholesterol level, press 2). After five minutes of pressing buttons on my phone, I finally managed to talk to a real live person. Ironically, she sounded like a robot. :)
  • I finished putting Christmas lights on the exterior of my house last night. I hope I don't run up my electric bill.
  • Finally, DF will be stopping by my house on Saturday with my repaired PC.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home