From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Inservice Day

Today the library was closed. We had staff inservice day at the Main Branch in the morning. During the afternoon, we did some opportunistic shelf-reading of the non-fiction section. I tackled the 907-920s section for about ninety minutes. During the course of the day, I discovered a couple of good places to eat: Johnny C's, a sandwich shop which produced the best Ruben I've ever had in KC, and Russell Stover's, where I treated myself to a double mint chocolate chip ice cream cone.

Note: I work Virtual Reference on Friday. I'm relatively new at VR and our library stats seems to indicate a high volume of Kansas patrons using this service. I hope I'm not overwhelmed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home