From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Garage Sale--Second Day

I got up early Saturday morning and loaded the two bookshelves that I didn't want into my car. After a stop for coffee and banana nut cake at Starbucks, I proceeded to Lawrence. The garage sale ran from 8AM to Noon and it appeared that it was not going to be busy at all. We cleared ten dollars total after three hours. But just as were getting ready to pack things up and get them ready for C's church rummage sale, two different customers came and bought stuff at discounted prices. I managed to sell my bookcases for a total of $3 combined and C sold both of her twin beds that she had since she was a little girl.
Afterwards, we went out to eat at the 75th Street Brewery where I had a Reuben sandwich plus cole slaw. My total take from the garage sale was $30 but I was happy to get rid of some of my stuff that no longer served a functional purpose in my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home