From a KC Librarian

Just an average guy trying to make sense of his life in the library and beyond.....

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Kansas Library Conference

Our Human Resources department was kind enough to fund our attending the KLA library tri-conference in Overland Park, KS. I went to the Thursday, March 31 session.
The keynote speaker was excellent: Joseph Janes, a University of Washington library school professor and regular columnist in, I believe, American Libraries magazine. For me his presentation was the highlight of my day.
One note: there was a presentation I attended that dealt with the use of PowerPoint in presentation. For the sake of posterity, I'll simply say I was NOT impressed with HW and his take on the use of PowerPoint.
On a personal note it was good to see KC, MF, and CD. I had not seen them since graduation 2000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home